• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff acting on behalf of Harrow council - illegal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff acting on behalf of Harrow council - illegal?

Last year a car owner was caught by camera doing a "prohibited turn" in Harrow, this person must live in Hayes as an address there was getting the court documents.

This morning, my dad who lives 200 miles away gets a call at his business saying that bailiffs are coming down to collect a debt on behalf of Harrow council for said traffic issue.
    my dad, confused, asks what's going on and the enforcement company said his business was registered on the V5. My dad has never had any dealings with this car (he owns a garage) but somehow his business is on the V5.

I cannot make out why an address in Hayes was getting debt collection notices when my dad's business was allegedly on there.

He has absolutely no documents whatsoever so how does he proceeded? The bailiff was supposed to come down today but never turned up. I'm feeling like this is some type of ID fraud/scam.

Should I request the V5 and CCJ from the enforcement company as Harrow council is impossible to speak to.
    Tags: None

Hi Cloudyz

If you think there's fraud involved, lodge a complaint with Action Fraud. That will generate a Ref. Number - https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Write a Letter of Complaint adding the Action Fraud Ref. Number, explain what you believe has happened.

Email the the bailiff's company and Harrow Council, attaching the Letter of Complaint - info@harrow.gov.uk.

Phone them, but back up the phone calls with emails. Even when this is done 'follow - up', make sure you get responses from them.

Comment

I have had a situation where a rogue company was registering vehicles at a commercial unit I own with a fake number (ie unit 4a when unit 4a did not exist). Told the DVLA several times but nothing was done as it happened for a long time. Echat's advice is excellent and I would add to contact the DVLA and keep a record of the contact (even if nothing happens it proves that you are taking all steps possible)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X