• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Ombusdman currently taking over 18 months!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Ombusdman currently taking over 18 months!

I submitted a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman on 23rd Feb 2021

I've still not heard back, but the last contact I had from them was 21 Mar 2022 (my emphasis) - which means the current backlog at the LO is OVER 18 MONTHS! That's insane!

We are emailing to provide you with an update about this complaint you have with us here at the Legal Ombudsman.

As we explained when we wrote to you confirming this case had been passed for assessment, we are dealing with a large volume of complaints, which means we are unable to assess cases as soon as we would like at the moment. While there continues to be a long wait, we are committed to keeping you updated.

At this time, our investigators are assessing cases similar to this one that were accepted in  July 2020 

We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to work hard to resolve the large volume of complaints we receive and we are sorry it is taking some time to get started with assessing this complaint. We do understand it is important to you and are working as quickly as we are able to.

In the event this complaint has not been passed to an investigator within the next three months, we will provide you with a further update at that stage.
    Tags: None

Yes it's insane. I'm handling a case with the Legal Ombudsman that has only just started to be looked at after being filed a year ago, so I'm fairing a bit better than you!

On the plus side the complaints handler has actually been very good (so far at least) so I'm hoping it was worth the wait.

Comment

It is now almost TWO YEARS since the complaint was accepted and allocated by the legal ombudsman on June 15th 2021.
      And I'm still waiting. The allocated investigator left in March and they promised a new one would be assigned in 2-3 weeks.
      It's now 12 weeks. Is this normal?!

Comment

2 years will not tell you how long me - result yuk

Comment

The 'time' it's taking is too long, but the case handler leaving doesn't help your case. Tell them politely, tell them they wouldn't accept it, if they were the person complaining.

https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/in...have-provided/

Comment

Well, it's now 28th June and it's JUST been re-assigned to a third new case handler, who has to start again from the top.

So that's 2 years and 4 months so far, and they've not even started work on it...

Comment

Originally posted by dazed View Post
              Well, it's now 28th June and it's JUST been re-assigned to a third new case handler, who has to start again from the top.

So that's 2 years and 4 months so far, and they've not even started work on it...
              You can complain about the service you have received.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X