• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hermes problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hermes problems

Hi All

I need to post on here as I have not experienced this situation previously.

My elderly mother has sent an item back to the incorrect company.

She returned item no 1 via an ebay pre paid label - via Hermes.

Item no 2 - she has obviously experienced some confusion and paid for this to be returned via Hermes (I used the address she had written on the manual label) - this is not the correct address for item no 2 - it is the same address as for item 1!

The company have refunded her monies for item 1 - however, they are saying that they cannot trace item 2 - even though Hermes are saying that they delivered it on 14/2/22 at 9.23 am and provided pic evidence .

I've told the company that they need to trace this item or I will escalate it further - either way - I'm thinking someone has made this item 'vanish' be it Hermes or this company.

Where does my Mum stand on this as she selected the £25 insurance, however, Hermes are saying that they have delivered it to this company - who claim they cannot trace it!

Any advice welcome as always.

Thanks

Foxy
    Tags: None

Post is a bit confusing. Were both items delivered to the same company?

'My elderly mother has sent an item back to the incorrect company.'

Comment

Hi Echat11

Yes they were but only one of the items was purchased from there. The other item should have been returned to a different address.

Comment

How were they paid for?

Comment

hermes must have a signature from whoever they delivered to?

Comment

They've posted a pic on the tracking service no signature. I paid via my Hermes account for the package that they have lost. The correct item they sent a return label via ebay message..I believe this is where Mum got confused...as my brother in law sent Mum the QR code for me to print the return label at the shop..so she never saw the actual address.

Comment

Yes, but did you pay by debit card, credit card or PayPal?

Comment

I paid with my debit card. I also paid the little extra for the insurance up to £25 ...the item was actually £30. I'm guessing i can't claim as they say it has been delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
                  I paid with my debit card. I also paid the little extra for the insurance up to £25 ...the item was actually £30. I'm guessing i can't claim as they say it has been delivered?
                  Contact your debit card / bank provider, explain the situation, see if they can help regards a 'chargeback'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X