• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

student accommodation wants to charge fee for cleaning & repair Post exit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student accommodation wants to charge fee for cleaning & repair Post exit

My daughter left her student accommodation ,which my wife and her spent a day cleaning. after this
    The landlord representative YPP deposit team sent 2 invoices to me for £42 for Cleaning and Redecoration
    As evidence they attached the move in file which my daughter had signed stating thing was "good condition" (No photos ) and also the exit inventory with lots of photos stating "poor" ,
    We took some photo's after cleaning , and believe it was in a better state of cleanliness than on take over

Can you advise where I stand on this? is it reasonable to ask where are the take over photos and why none where available for comparison? Can I tell them I don't have to pay? is this just some company trying to extort cash out of me?

They have now asked what I am prepared to offer the landlord , my thoughts are to answer "nothing" as we cleaned it on exit and I cant compare condition before and after from the photos? I have uploaded the entrance /exit form they provided as an example to show lack of photo's.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rudi von Sternberg; 6th December 2021, 18:38:PM.
    Thanks
    Rudi
    Tags: None

I would write back explaining exactly that, there are no before pictures, but you've taken exit pictures.
    So you won't be paying the invoices unless they can provide pictures to back up the invoices.

islandgirl Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Hello RVS - I also have offspring at uni in Sheffield...other one I think! I agree with Echat's advice. What is "painting"?? Good and poor are subjective terms. I would do as suggested and write saying that you have exit photos and believe that the property was left in a better condition than it was on entry. If they can produce time stamped entry photos you will be happy to look at them but you do not believe that anything is payable and request that they credit both invoices immediately. I would not make an offer at this stage.

Comment

Thank you for your advice Islandgirl and Echat my daughter was in Apollo buildings Sheffield! small world. i have wrote back and emphasisied how can i compare the entrance/exit inventory when there are no entry photo's, plus i attached 6 of our exit photo's.
        Thanks
        Rudi

Comment

Good luck let us know what happens and come back if you need any further opinions! My son was in the big student accomodation area round Endcliffe/ Ranmoor. As you say, small world!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi von Sternberg View Post
            Thank you for your advice Islandgirl and Echat my daughter was in Apollo buildings Sheffield! small world. i have wrote back and emphasisied how can i compare the entrance/exit inventory when there are no entry photo's, plus i attached 6 of our exit photo's.
            told them to send me the photos of teh flat when Izzy moved in so that i could compare and contrast , i refused to make any offer of payment I have heard nothing back ,so all good sorry for the very 2 year late reply excellent advise from the forum many thanks
            Thanks
            Rudi

Comment

Excellent well done and thank you for coming back eventually! Funnily enough another offspring of mine is about to be assisted to fight a cleaning deduction from a private (student) landlord but this time in Newcastle!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X