• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ASDA suspends account??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDA suspends account??

Hello, I have had an ASDA account for years. During the pandemic for about a year they have delivered the goods into boxes in the back of my estate car that is parkled on the street by my back gate in my disabled bay. The clear written instructions for the delivery to the car are included as part of the order. Last Tuesday their driver refused to deliver into the car, so I told him if he could not deliver it as specified in writing in the order to take it back and cancel the order. I raised a formal complaint to ASDA about and am getting a refund. (The next day, a different driver delivered the resubmitted order into the car as specified in the order.) The reasons for this method of delivery is that I am still partially shielding because I am in my late 70s and have co-morbitdities, and I am disabled using crutches and a wheelchair. The shielding is mentioned in the written instructions in the order. I even offered to come out and open the back hatch for him, but he refused.

The misbehaviour was on the part of the driver who should not have brought the order if he did not want to deliver it as written in the order. I am being punished for the driver's misbehaviour. Do people believe I have grounds for a legal complaint about the account suspension?
    Tags: None

Hi CONTACTPOINT

What exactly have they said or sent regarding the suspension of the account?

You might have a case under the Disability Discrimination Act -

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/...discrimination

Comment

Unless in NI I think you mean the Equalities Act (2010).

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
        Unless in NI I think you mean the Equalities Act (2010).
        Yep, that's the one. The delivery driver (incident) could easily have resolved this at the time, by ringing the store to check previous delivery notes, this would have taken less then 5 minutes.

You explained that you have disabilities to Asda, they've understood your health issues and accommodated you by delivering to your car, now because of the incident with one driver, they've ended your ability to shop and have goods delivered as requested.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...definition.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X