• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Directions hearing in 2 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions hearing in 2 hours

Hello,

Taking a company on in Court. Very odd - Directions hearing is in 2 hours - I missed the one sentence in the hearing notice that reads "based on the written submissions, the Court thinks that this claim could be struck out, but there will be a 20 minute hearing" ... etc.

This is odd to me because does this not put us on an unequal and unfair footing? My account of events in my POC was true, the Defence is full of lies.

The solicitor dealing with their claim is also antagonistic and a bully. He sent an email after the Directions hearing notice was sent, stating he was going to be pursuing me even after this case, getting civil restraint orders against me, etc. Contacting other companies I have taken to Court to tell them about the civil restraint order, etc (I have dealt with this man, a nasty piece of work, once previously, in another case against his client).

I immediately forwarded his email to the Court ready for the hearing today.

I want to say at the hearing, from the outset, that I think that the Court believing his lies over my true account and telling me my case is to be struck out, pending my one last chance at this 20 minute hearing, is an inherently unfair position to put me in, as the Court does not know either party and we have each made only one submission. Why believe him over me?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X