• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What offence is being committed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What offence is being committed?

I work in retail and go back to work this week. Before the lockdown people without masks were allowed instore; but those same people were the main ones who regularly came within 2 metres of me or closer while browsing. I was, and still am. very concerned about catching the virus. They didnt know if they had the virus, they didnt know if they were going to pass it on to me, but they were happy to play Russian roulette with my safety knowing they should not be that close. Telling them to move away doesnt work because getting instore without wearing a mask is a green light for them to ignore every covid rule!

I can easily predict that this will occur again when I return to work. If people dont have to wear a mask then fine, but what gives them the right to come near me and put my health at risk? I should be able to carry out my work without worrying if someone is going to stand next to me without a mask.

Would I be able report someone for an offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act if their behaviour of ignoring the covid rules caused me alarm and distress? If not, then what can I report them for?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Today is the day I go back to work. Guess I'll just have to assume I still have some rights and forcefully tell them to move, and call security if they dont.

I havent been following the rules all this time just to have someone come along and pee all over my efforts to avoid catching the virus! The government says we have to be mindful of those who cant wear a mask, but by that same token those who cant wear a mask should be mindful of those who do wear masks and who do follow the rules.

Comment

I do not believe you could report an offence. I have noticed that some people have no respect and do stand too close. All you can do is back away and ask them to respect social distancing. Good luck on your first day back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X