• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court case- advice needed asap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court case- advice needed asap

does anyone know anything about being executor (sp) of a will and impending courtcases brought about by family of deceased?

need help this may be a really big case affecting loads of people i dint even know and dont know if i should sign off on it.

sorry about lack of capitals keyboard being rubbish.
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

can i prevent family member from talking to media?

can i stop media asking questions?

can i make rules about going forward with the case.. ie... i will sign off on thjis case if you.....put all monies recovered into trust fund for kiddies?

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I think celestine may be the best person to talk to about this one to be honest.

Comment

Ive been doing some research tonight and i think i need cavetats(sp) legally binding clause things so when I sign it off to them they have to agree to give the money to the nephews not sure if I can put a media gag clause in there or if I have to ask a judge for that?

The statue of limitations runs out on 31st August. I personaly didnt think they should sue, but I have since found out that one of the other people the solicitor is representing also has the illness, and if we dont go forward she maynot get the compensation she deserves. I just need it to be done in the right way.
        Last edited by Mochamoos; 23rd July 2007, 23:31:PM.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Sorry I know very little about this sort of thing, but I thought caveats were types of injunctions used to stop estates going to probate whilst matters are in dispute. Hope someone comes along soon who can help

Comment

oh! Bang goes my research!, Thought that was cause the money would go into his estate, and we could use thoses injunctions to make sure the money goes the right way.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I really dont have any experience in this field. All I do know is that a friend of mine who is named as an executor in a will has lodged/issued a caveat because other family members are contesting the will.
              If you want to PM with some details, I will try and find out for you, but I can't promise anything

Comment

Hi Macho , have asked Celestine to look at this one for you , she needs more details , can you PM her direct ASAP .
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools, Thank you Celestine

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Re: court case- advice needed asap

Hi Mocha, I had an Aunt who inherited a substantial inheritance, the person who died was a well known actor, for personal reasons she wanted the will and its heirs to remain anon.
                    After taking advice, she was told, it is down to the individual to keep it a secret, so if Elvis was your dad who spread his wealth across several levels of the family tree, anyone could report the event to the media without being liable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X