• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing the police for doing nothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suing the police for doing nothing

For the last 2 ½ years I have had a neighbour shout from his house and garden – anytime during a 24 hour period (please don’t think I am exaggerating it genuinely is). This is very loud and can be racist and contains profanity. I have lots of evidence to hand. (twitter account wolves asb refers).The male has mental health issues.
    NHS complaint made – can’t make a complaint against the NHS as the male is not a family member. Council now they know he has mental health issues can’t do anything
    Police were made aware 2 ½ years ago – again evidence to hand – Professional Standards Department complaint made last year (November). He to this day still shouts continually.
    This has a massive impact on both mine and my family's life. We are unable to go in the garden to sit without having to listen to his constant rantings now for 2 ½ years. We are unable to open our windows in the warm evenings due to his shouting. We are unable to sleep as the shouting can be heard in our bedroom with the windows closed. Even with the windows shut we hear him. I have been physical sick due to stress and continually have headaches due to his antics
    I don’t sleep with my wife anymore. I now sleep downstairs in the front room, having purchased a double bed which is now in the front room downstairs to accommodate a decent night’s sleep.
    Me and my wife constantly argue about him as his actions are overtaking my life as I feel helpless in order to stopping him. It’s like living on a knifes edge ready to hear what he is going to be shouting and what time we are likely to be woken up by him. I now have adopted counselling at work and under medication as I am ill and helpless to stop him. I am emotionally drained as its now every day all day and still nothing has been done. I hear him even when I am not at home it’s that bad now and if that makes sense.
    Is there anything you can assist us with please?
    My human rights- article 8?
    Anything legally against other agencies?
    Him and his family (his family reside next door and part own the house he lives in)?
    Tags: None

What are his mental health issues?

It might be possible to obtain an injunction against him.

Comment

apparently he hears voices in his head that causes him to shout. My Twitter account 'wolves asb' can give you a few examples And thank you

Comment

Have you activated the community trigger? https://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/sit..._customers.pdf

Further reading https://asbhelp.co.uk/community-trigger/

Comment

DES8 - thank you - When his actions were highlighted to the council the ASB team proceeded down the criminal route rather than the mental health route. From the outset I told them it was a mental health matter but they knew best .18 months after that I had complaints in against them and the Police - both complaints are not longer in place but still nothing.................... (admitttely I only emailed them a week ago)

Comment

What do your other neighbours think about the situation?
            Presumably his behaviour impacts them as well

Comment

Yes. some it does. Others are scared, fed up to do anything about it

Comment

Have you activated the community trigger?
                If so and still no action you can escalate the matter to the Victim's Commissioner (whether or not she has any teeth I don't know).

You could still apply for an injunction.

An injunction can be granted against a person who appears mentally unbalanced , but not if he is incapable of understanding what he is doing or that it is wrong, as he would not be capable of complying with the injunction and would have a defence to any subsequent application for committal.
                Although he might have a "mental condition" this does not mean he is incapable of understanding.
                It will be for the court to decide

Comment

DES8 - again thank you ive copied and sent the second paragraph - ill keep you updated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X