• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Medical Negligence claim over botched implant job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Negligence claim over botched implant job

Hi,

I had two tooth implants inserted by a private dentist about a year ago. Unfortunately he botched it completely:
    - the implants were not screwed in completely (the screws are sticking out of the bone)
    - one of the implants was so shallow that it started to move after 1 year, causing inflammation in the gum
    - the crowns on the implants are unaesthetic (the screws show under the crowns).
    In addition to that, the dentist who started this job turned out to be a bit of a con: he copied my personal data from the practice database and tried to "lure me" to finish the job at another practice where he started working, claiming that he quit the previous job (after finding out about it I demanded that my treatment returns to the old practice). I paid over 4,000 GBP for the job (London prices).

I am now having the implants replaced by another dentist and the crowns will need to be exchanged too. (I can see the difference in the quality of work.) The total cost is going to be around 6,000 GBP including "cleaning up" after the botched job. The procedure of taking out the implant and inserting a new one was painful, and the whole experience was very stressful and time consuming.

I have made a complaint to the dental practice where I had the botched implants done. I want them to refund the cost of redoing the implants in the new practice (I don't trust the first dentist at all!). I can reasonably expect them to agree, because the problem is obvious and I have ample evidence to prove the job was done wrong (X-rays, CAT scans, etc.). However, I feel I am also entitled to compensation for the pain and stress the negligence of the first dentist caused. According to my new dentist, he must have known that the implants wouldn't last and would likely cause the future problems that I'm going through now.

My question is:
    1. how much can I expect to ask for and get awarded?
    2. how do I get about it?

Many thanks,
    Katastrofa
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X