• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardener not turning up - legal stance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardener not turning up - legal stance?

Today, 08:02:AM

Hi everyone,
    4 weeks ago I had a gardener come over to quote for a job, he told me could start the next day (Monday) and be finished by the Saturday. It is now 4 weeks later and we are no where near completion.
    On the 1st week he showed up twice, second week he was there for 30 mins, third week he came twice and now (week 4) didn't turn up yesterday, hasn't turned up today and hasn't responded to my messages.

He has been paid nearly 50% of the labour costs, and 50% of the work has not been completed.
    On the 1st day he asked for some money to hire some tools..... 4 weeks later those tools have never been used.
    I gave him money to buy some concrete, he bought the wrong ones, took them back and got a receipt to collect the correct ones ….. I don't have my money back nor do I have the correct concrete.

He doesn't tell me when he is or isn't coming, I am messaging him every single day to find out if he is coming and I am just getting excuse after excuse.

He has been paid more labour than has been done so I want some of this back, I want the money I sent to hire tools back and I want the money for the concrete back.

Could anyone advise where I stand on this or recommend any next steps

Thanks

Tags: None

So why create this second thread when there are answers on your other thread?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X