• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcing judgment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcing judgment

Hi all,
    I obtained judgment against somebody many years ago and the judge ordered they pay me £1 per month due to their personal circumstances at the time. I initially received payments, but after advising the debtor of my change of address, I have not received any payment since. I did write to them a couple of times, but received no reply. Since then life has been hectic and so I have put it to one side, as I wasn't really sure what to do. Time has flown by and I have realised it's now just over 6 years since the last payment was received.
    ​​​​​​
    I have now discovered that the debtor's circumstances have changed dramatically and they could afford to pay the debt in full.

What options do I have available to me to either get payment in full or increase the monthly amount? Is there any issue with the debtor not having paid any money for over 6 years now?

Thanks in advance.
    ​​​​​
    Tags: None

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody can help with this?

Thanks

Comment

How long ago was the last payment made?

Comment

Just over 6 years ago now. I think it was April 2014.

Thanks

Comment

You may have trouble then. If no enforcement has been forthcoming for 6 years then to proceed you may have to apply to the Court explaining why you have not bothered in the interim. These applications are rarely granted - most are if the defendant has moved and not been traceable, in particular those that moved abroad before returning back to the UK.

Having been granted a CCJ then the debt is always owed but the best you may be able to hope for is to ask "nicely" for it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X