• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Investment fraud - guidance sought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment fraud - guidance sought

Hi Friends
    Need some advise on the following: Please read and suggests comments.

Quite a sophisticated fraud (yes I am a victim) has been going on for years.
    A group of ethnic demographic primarily in London promising high returns of 25 - 50% per annum. People then providing funds to a UK based Ltd company.
    The contact (Call it MR S) in this case provides a contract which is signed by the key member MR D. Mr D is not associated with the company in any form.
    Investment returns are made once or twice and then nothing. Various meetings where assurances have been provided but nothing. Emails, and other messages stating the same. So the evidence is all there.

Eventually a group has woken up and logged these with Action Squad (Fraud Squad). Over 25+ complaints have* been made but no action from Action Squad. legal action may cost £££'s which everyone is scared esp as they currently are well out of pocket.

The Fraud group is quite well linked and go about claiming nothing will happen. The opened companies are not dissolved. There are in excess of 50 companies on these directors names.

Any advise on legal front what can be done - how does one even approach this.

Many Thanks
    JJ Smithson.
    Tags: None

Please note that this is a UK based fraud.
    And Mr D already has a lot of press on him of such nature. Shame that this was not around when we invested.

Comment

Also is there a way to check for general public that a Person has got any Legal cases currently going on.
      We have looked at HM Courts and it only shows the listings for the day.

Is there a quicker way to find out if a person has a current case which is going through the court? County or High Court?

Many Thanks

Comment

I know victims of frauds and scams etc are advised to report their problem to Action Fraud, but so far as I know, they don't actually do anything useful like investigating, they just record your complaint. You could try either (1) the police, but they'll probably tell you to go to Action Fraud, or (2) ask Citizens' Advice if there is anything else you can do.
        I'm no expert (somebody else may be able to explain) but I believe you can check individuals and businesses for court judgments at this site:
        https://www.trustonline.org.uk/
        and this may be useful too:
        https://www.cifas.org.uk/
        Anyone offering returns as high as you suggest would certainly be ringing VERY LOUD alarm bells for me...

Can't offer any more help I'm afraid.* Good luck

Comment

Anyone offering returns as high as you suggest would certainly be ringing VERY LOUD alarm bells for me...That about sums it up when a Bank Rate is around ??????? % Nobody can pay those rates. Possibly a person dealing in illegal contraband. If it sounds to good to be true. Buyer beware.

Comment

Thanks for coming back. Useful Links.
            1. https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ This does provide details of any CCJ's the person has had.

However my query is how to check on any current litigation matters one is involved in?
            I have tried HM Courts but it only shows the daily listings of the court hearings.

There must be a way to check when the next hearing for a said party is coming, and hence check if they are currently involved in a litigation.

2. The said fraudster is a seasoned pro. He already has enough CCJ's on claims of funds against him. Hence we wanted to take the Fraud Squad route (Action Squad). Taking him to court will just be a waste of time and money (Which we don't have).
            Action Squad is also proving to be a waste of time. Is there any escalation path you are aware of which can be mentioned to Action Squad for the case to be made a priority.

3. For a said company, how long does one have to take a claim against. In this case does the 6 year rule apply. These guys open and close companies like nothing.

Again any comments/information will be most welcome.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X