• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal holding £2500 for 180 days, quick query regarding linked issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal holding £2500 for 180 days, quick query regarding linked issue

I’m no stranger to PayPal, they limited me when I was 14 over 10 years ago and since then they always link my accounts back to that one account.

So anyway, with everything going on, I thought I’d free up some money and sell some of my old computer stuff. My MacBook Pro, my gaming laptop, some old CPU’s.

All was fine, I raised a credit card dispute because PayPal wouldn’t assist me so they limited my account until I could verify my identity. I verified it, then they hit me with a limitation with £2500 in my balance as a withdrawal was going through.

Long story short, I owe PayPal £600 from last year when I sold something and the person sent back a fake item stating it was what I sent. I refused to pay it on grounds I’ve lost the item and my money, PayPal limited the account etc.

So I messaged them yesterday asking for the exact date I could receive my funds on, they replied back saying until I clear the balance on the other account, they won’t consider giving me the funds.

I can wait 6 months, I’m fortunate enough not to need the money right this second but ideally I’d rather not. Can they hold my funds indefinitely until I pay the other balance? Ie if I don’t ever pay that balance back, will they just hold my funds for as long as they want?

Again - I’m not looking to pay that balance, I sold the item and they tried scamming me and PayPal sided with him as he proved he tracking number was signed for.
    Tags: None

I have experienced this problem in the past and expect I will in the future, from memory I have had items returned at least three items, one that sticks to my mind was a computer back up battery, (rather large and costly to courier), I had it checked by an electrician and verified as ok, sent of, sent back the same day, when I picked it up more rattles than a steam train. End result PayPal refunded. It works both ways if you buy an item that is not working PayPal refund as the buyer, so its a chance you take. Another was a record player sent it off perfect, sent back all working parts removed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X