• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems gaining access to trust fund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems gaining access to trust fund

My mum died last year.

We only got Probate a few weeks ago.

I'm having some issues with my brother and need some advice.

My mum had a trust fund setup for me which is in my name apparently.

My brother and her financial advisor are both in charge of this.

I have to ask my brother for money as and when needed.

The other issue I have is that she wanted me to have a monthly income from the fund, this was laid out in a letter, which I gave my brother a copy of, he's not responded.

He's allowed me access to the fund in way of so that I can pay off my current mortgage.

Thats fine.

The issue I have is I am concerned that I don't drive, but I will need a new car, he has already refused this.

He keeps saying he's wants money left for the grandchildren, as in mum's will anything happens to me the grandchildren will get whats left.

I'm concerned that my brother will refuse me stuff I am entitled to out of the fund, because all he wants is the money to go to the grandchildren, whilst not thinking of me that mum wanted me looked after properly.

I understand the fund is currently around £400K, so money is not the issue.

If my brother keeps declining me access to the fund, making it awkward for me to have any money as mum wanted, where do I stand legally please, can I get a Court order!?

Tags: None

Nice for more information and help please click on debt management
    Learn about the debt management companies in UK debt solutions that could help you get debt free. Reduce Total Debt types: Bank Loans, Pay Day Loans, Credit Cards, Phone Bills, Overdrafts, Store debts, Council Tax Arrears and Utility Arrears

Comment

Originally posted by natasharob View Post
      Nice for more information and help please click on debt management
      But how on earth is this to do with debt!?

Its a trust fund, I'm having difficulty accessing because my brother is being pig headed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4Seven View Post

But how on earth is this to do with debt!?

Its a trust fund, I'm having difficulty accessing because my brother is being pig headed!?

It's one of the spam "contributors" that add adverts to the threads that have nothing to do with the subject.* Just ignore.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your plight.
          So we can point you in the right direction can you post up the terms of the trust deed, redacting any identifying details.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Sorry to hear of your plight.
            So we can point you in the right direction can you post up the terms of the trust deed, redacting any identifying details.
            I don't have the paperwork, my brother has it unfortunately.

The only thing I have is a letter from mum which stipulates I'm to have an allowance each month for the rest of my life, and the will.

Comment

So write (email will do) to your brother asking for a copy of the trust document, any deeds of variation of the trust, deeds*of appointment and trust accounts.*
              Also send to the other trustee, who is just as liable for running the trust.
              it is your right to have these documents

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                So write (email will do) to your brother asking for a copy of the trust document, any deeds of variation of the trust, deedsof appointment and trust accounts.
                Also send to the other trustee, who is just as liable for running the trust.
                it is your right to have these documents
                Thank you I will do that.

If he still refuses to supply information, then what happens after that?

Comment

Wait & see,, not worth anticipating problems, but in the last resort the courts will order him to comply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X