• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I still get a duty solicitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still get a duty solicitor?

Hello, new to the forums currently in Wales and would appreciate some help please

I was taken into custody for hate crime (prank call) and had to give an interview, I lied and said I didn't do it but that's not the question. (I'll confess as I've got no other choice)

The question is: I've denied a solicitor during the interview process as I didn't know what they do and it would have the same outcomes due to the call logs but since I denied the solicitor can I still have a duty solicitor represent me in court/ have one on the day of court?

Also if anyone can private message me that would be great, I kind of need an idea as to what the worst sentence would be if I tell you the circumstances but I don't want to disclose it all on this thread.

Originally posted by Krazes View Post
    Hello, new to the forums currently in Wales and would appreciate some help please

I was taken into custody for hate crime (prank call) and had to give an interview, I lied and said I didn't do it but that's not the question. (I'll confess as I've got no other choice)

The question is: I've denied a solicitor during the interview process as I didn't know what they do and it would have the same outcomes due to the call logs but since I denied the solicitor can I still have a duty solicitor represent me in court/ have one on the day of court?

Also if anyone can private message me that would be great, I kind of need an idea as to what the worst sentence would be if I tell you the circumstances but I don't want to disclose it all on this thread.
    What's the actual charge ? Malicious communications ?

A court duty solicitor cannot assist at a trial, you'd need to pay or sort legal aid.

Comment

Originally posted by lgfa92 View Post

What's the actual charge ? Malicious communications ?

A court duty solicitor cannot assist at a trial, you'd need to pay or sort legal aid.
      I believe the charge is Hate Crime in general plus I'm under 16 so I believe I'm entitled to free duty solicitor?

Comment

You’ll automatically get legal aid for legal representation in court if you’re under 16 (that is not the same as the duty solicitor)

The duty solicitor might assist but search for your own representation here:*https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk/

Comment

Hate Crime itself is not the offence, that's just an umbrella term used to refer to a whole range of possible charges. The actual charge is what matters as that defines what the outcome can be.

As you're under 18 the case, if it gets to court, will be dealt with in the youth court so it would be a different process to the adult courts.

Comment

I believe the charge is Hate Crime in general plus I'm under 16 so I believe I'm entitled to free duty solicitor?
            The "own*representation" isn't free for me right?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              You’ll automatically get legal aid for legal representation in court if you’re under 16 (that is not the same as the duty solicitor)

The duty solicitor might assist but search for your own representation here:https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk/
              I called a mosque and said I need a "specific gun" to kill all the J***, not being done for terrorism because I said "I'm from Iran" yeah it's a really stupid prank call that I regretted instantly. That's why it's classed as hate crime.

Comment

The "ownrepresentation" isn't free for me right?
                You can get legal aid to pay for a solicitor.
                The link in post 4 above will tell you which solicitors in your area will do legally aided work.
                You need to approach them yourself and they will help you apply

You’ll automatically get legal aid for legal representation in criminal court if you’re under 16 (or under 18 and in full-time education) or on certain benefits.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X