• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassment In The Workplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment In The Workplace

My husband has worked for his current employer for the past 31 years.

Just recently, he has been having countless problems with 2 brothers employed by the same firm.

On Wednesday this week, the main harasser entered my husband welding bay, went right up to his face, brandishing a hemmer.

This was all in front of a supervisor, plus he was seen by 2 witness and CCTV going into his welding bay with a hammer.

My husband was quite within his rights to tell the guy to "f*ck off" as he felt threatened by his behaviour.

Today, my husband got called into the office.

The other guy is making a formal complaint that my husband has been shouting the f word at him on numerous occasion, which my husband denies.

My husband tried to have nothing to do with him, but he just wont leave my husband alone.

My husband and this guy have both been suspended on full pay for 4 days.

My husband has been told to write a letter of grievance.

My main worry is that this guy has only been working for a short period, he's already on a final written warning, my husband has no such disciplinary.

My husband is going to phone the police tomorrow to make a complaint of threatening behaviour in the workplace.

I am just shocked after 31 years he's been suspended!!

, considering this guy is going out of his way to cause my husband problems.
    Tags: None

Did the police take any action against this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Garlander View Post
      Did the police take any action against this guy?
      No they said it happened in the workplace and his employer should resolve it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X