• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Served food containing meat when i specifically asked for vegetarian.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Served food containing meat when i specifically asked for vegetarian.

Hi.
    Not sure how i stand legally on this but i visited taco bell for the first time today after hearing good things from my fellow vege friends.
    Taco bell have posters and signs outside of the establishment stating "We love vegetarians" so i felt assured about the meat-free food i was going to get.
    I walked in and specifically asked for the meat-free options. The lady then showed me the electronic board showing me the meat-free options.*
    I said to her "So that's all meat-free as I'm vegetarian so just want to be careful", to which she said yes.
    On the same board right next to the meat-free options is a picture of their standards fries, so i said " Can i order the fries? and she said "Yes".

Upon receiving my order, i started to eat the fries straight away and thought the tasted funny ( bear in mind I've been a vege all of my 30 years on this planet and have never eaten meat ) but just thought it was bog-standard herbs and Mexican spices. When i got back to my car, the passengers took one of my chips and said "That tastes like beef, are you sure that's Vege" At this point, i started to panic, so i searched Taco bells website and lone behold, it contains beef seasoning. Unfortunately, I vomited on the way home.... The meat obviously didn't agree with me, neither did the realization of eating meat...

How do i stand with this legally? The lady serving clearly knew it contained beef and seen as i specifically asked for meat-free. Also, Taco bell places a picture of fries containing meat seasoning right next to the meat-free options without any notification that it contains meat.... outrageous.
    Tags: None

Have you contacted them?

Comment

Yes I have. Just waiting for a reply.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X