• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsolicited Plumbing Works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolicited Plumbing Works

Hello, we have a flat which is not in permanent use. We were informed that a flat below was experiencing water damage from above. The management company arranged for a plumber to investigate the source of the leak. We gave permission to enter our flat, we were not there at the time. The plumber established that the leak was not coming from our flat. However, whilst in our flat, he apparently found a plumbing problem (minor leak unknown to us) and fixed it, this had nothing to do with the water damage to the flat below. The management company is now demanding payment for this work and threatening legal action. On returning to the flat, the stopcock had been switched off, when turn back on it was leaking ... I don't suppose we can do much about the latter, but surely we shouldnt be expected to pay for the unsolicited work, carried out by a plumber contracted by the management company and given no instruction from us? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

The starting point would be to tell them where to go. The plumber had instructions to investigate a leak and if that problem was unconnected to the leak then I would say you shouldnt have to pay.

However,Â* you should check your contract, lease or freehold documents and see what it says around plumbing and maintenance works.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Honestly a friend of mine had the same issue when he had his house flooded. The water damage was huge and he was not in town (Combo). As far as I know he called for his contractor, the contractor called a plumber, he gave him the permission to enter his house and to fix all the issues. But in the end, when he had received the payment there was a lot of things that should be not fixed. So to say the plumber did some additional work for some good money. Nearly the same story happened to me, but I called flood damage pro in Rockville, MD when I was flooded. This company fixed everything that should be fixed, and took reasonable money for all that, more than that, they have cleaned all the water damage result. Perfectly, so if you have the same issue you better ask them for help
      Last edited by MrDynamite1; 20th January 2020, 09:36:AM.

Comment

I was lucky because I never had such a problem. We have been working basement waterproofing services in Mississagua from Mississauga Plumbing Services for several years now and I am completely satisfied with their work. Each time they impress me more and more with their skill and I even I couldn’t think that what they are doing is possible at all. Filigree, high-quality work and every time their client is satisfied, it's just a pro. When they repair something in my house they are constantly looking for ways to solve it across the entire area, even on crawl space
        Last edited by tungiiq; 29th June 2020, 11:49:AM.

Comment

Responsibility for payment lies with whoever engaged the plumber.

Comment

Thread date ........29th November 2019, 08:12:AM

Comment

Thanks. I'll check that in future.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X