• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Roundabout RTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundabout RTA

Good Morning,

I'm defending a claim in the small claims court after a collision with another vehicle on a roundabout. The claimaint claims it was my fault as they had right of way. I would like to prove excessive speed was the causation of the accident, but how do i prove that? Also i took photo's of the damage to both vehicles. How do i prove from the damage that it was the claimant's fault.

many thanks

meddy.
    Tags: None

Why aren't your insurers dealing with this?

Comment

I'm not with that insurer any more. I was insured with a Norwegian insurance firm at the time. The incident happened a year ago. I've only just been served with the claim form.

Comment

That insurance company still has to cover you for claims made against you.
        Pass all details to your insurers immediately.
        How far down the process has the claim against you progressed?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          That insurance company still has to cover you for claims made against you.
          Pass all details to your insurers immediately.
          How far down the process has the claim against you progressed?
          I literally got the claim form in the post at the weekend. Something as a shock, as my insurance company paid out for my damages last year! I've not sent off the acknowledgment of service yet, but just about to send that off with a defence.

Comment

Acknowledge the claim but do not enter a defence as you may prejudice your insurer's position
            Then copy all papers to your insurers by first class post with a free certificate of posting from post office.
            Keep copies of everything yourself

Comment

Acknowledge the claim but do not enter a defence as you may prejudice your insurer's position
              Then copy all papers to your insurers by first class post with a free certificate of posting from post office.
              Keep copies of everything yourself
              I'm worried about the time it will take to send/receive the documents and how that will impact on a potential court hearing. I've been doing everything by email with the insurance company. Speaking to so many departments about this.

Comment

You only received Claim form this weekend so your insurers have approx 30 days to enter a defence.
                Just keep an eye on things to make sure the deadline is not missed.
                I would not speak with your insurers...keep it all in writing.
                If you do get calls confirm the conversation in writing

Presumably the claim is only for vehicle damage, not personal injury.
                Has it been made by the third party directly or are they using a solicitor.
                I'm thinking by the third party themselves, as you do not mention having received a preaction letter

Who are your insurers?

Comment

Presumably the claim is only for vehicle damage, not personal injury.
                  Has it been made by the third party directly or are they using a solicitor.
                  I'm thinking by the third party themselves, as you do not mention having received a preaction letter

Who are your insurers?
                  It's been made by the law firm on behalf of the Claimant. I didn't receive a pre-action letter. My insurance company are Gjensidge in Norway. They had a department who dealt with the damages and paid the accident repair company. I've just found out that they were dealing with NFU mutual in Belfast during the claim. I've contacted them too.

Comment

You say "law firm".... is this a proper firm of solicitors?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X