• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting (I know I am a idiot) Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting (I know I am a idiot) Question

I got caught shoplifting in Morrisons after checkout, before exiting. They walked up and said somebody saw me, i pulled it out and admitted to it but said i 'forgot' i was for a kilo of chicken so 5-6 pounds. Will I hear anything back from this? they have my name only and picture in their room.

Tags: None

If they have only your name how do you think they will be able to contact you?

Comment

Can they not do a search via my name?

Also, i was surprised police were not called. Why is this in your opinion, is it the fact i owned up to it, the fact it was a low value item, big store etc?

Comment

Low value, so police possibly wouldn't even attend.

Well unless you have an unusual name, they might contact the wrong person and then they would be in danger of breaching DPA

Comment

If it ever comes back to bite me, what would be the best explanation for it being in my bag?

Comment

You were hungry?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that as it was in a packet in Morrisons the chicken was dead, thus it will be unable to come back and bite you.

As for "the best explanation for it being in my bag?" that would depend on your definition of "best". Are you wanting the explanation with the lowest chance of negative legal repercussions or the one that causes the least damage to your karma?

Given that they didn't take your details or call the police I very much doubt that they intend to do anything more (did they ban you from the store?). If they do then the fact that you already said that "you forgot" means that changing your explanation would just result in you being labelled an unreliable witness so best to stick with that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X