• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IoPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IoPC

What is the point of the IoPC when they will not take an appeal about failure of local police force to address complaints?
    Tags: None

I believe the IoPC just investigate certain serious complaints that cannot be investigated by the professional standards department of the force itself. As far as I am aware if you wish to appeal a complaint only the Director of Professionals Standards for that police force can deal with it. Above them you can write to the chief constable and falling that the NPCC but it is unlikely the latter will do anything.

Comment

And of course failing all of those your MP but you’d have to be pretty persistent in getting a reply from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertingford View Post
        I believe the IoPC just investigate certain serious complaints that cannot be investigated by the professional standards department of the force itself. As far as I am aware if you wish to appeal a complaint only the Director of Professionals Standards for that police force can deal with it. Above them you can write to the chief constable and falling that the NPCC but it is unlikely the latter will do anything.
        Thank you for your thoughts, Seems at odds with my understanding of the term appeals. What I don't understand is when the person tasked with responding to your complaint do they give you a booklet telling you that if you are not happy with their findings then go to the IPCC (yes they gave me an old booklet and explained this was now called the IOPC)
        It seems odd that the final point of complaining is the the same force you are complaining about after all we wouldn't have Network Rail investigate a rail incident and say their decision is final.
        As for the MP, been there, done that, waste of space when you find he along with most of my local force are all Mason's and there has been a long history of collusion between him and the Police force.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X