• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is telling the truth really defamation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is telling the truth really defamation

bought a new home uncovered many snags but worse uncovered things that should not have passed sign off. Buried broken drain stuffed with plastic, gutter drains from garage buried into the ground not connected to anything, kitchen equipment rested on wood rather than feet on floor, driveway too steep at crossover to get car on drive, when challenged some of these and other things have been addressed and repaired but we don’t believe they should have ever been signed off. Since March the developer has refused to communicate with us. We still had snags that have been reported but we have been ignored. On 2 occasions we have had to go via NHBC to get issues resolved. Three weeks ago site workers were witnessed taking pictures of our property but the developer refuses to explain why so in a moment of frustration I decided to post pictures of all the faults we have uncovered and an explanation of each on our windows. The developer still refused to communicate despite the director seeing these instead they chose to involve a lawyer who slapped us with a defaming letter ordering us to remove them and any social media posts I had done and yes sadly I did vent frustrations on social media. Anyhow as we don’t have £10k to lodge with a solicitor to challenge this claim we bit the bullet and removed said articles but not a review on google that I had done months back. Last week we received another letter stating the review was defamation and if we don’t remove that they will take us to court and seek damages for damage to reputation etc etc. My question is Is stating the truth defamation and as I have photographic proof of everything I’ve said would I have a good case to win. I really don’t have the funds for litigation lawyer but I am tired of cash rich bullies thinking they can do as they please and get away with it
    Tags: None

Why have you posted twice?

Comment

The defences to a claim of defamation are
      Truth
      Honest opinion
      Public interest

Defamation Act 2013 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...fences/enacted

Comment

ostell. Many apologies the other thread I posted was more about the actual kitchen unit installation though I will have a look to see if I have pressed post twice button

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X