• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Agreements with accountancy partnerships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreements with accountancy partnerships

I have posted twice recently about problems with an accountant in Wills & Probate etc but am not getting any answers there so hope that someone here can answer what seems like a simple question to me.

When my mother died, we defaulted to using her accountant to deal with her income tax affairs but were never sent or asked to sign a new agreement or terms and conditions.

After receiving unexpectedly large bills, I asked the accountancy partnership what the legal basis of our engagement with their partner was, but they just sent the mentioned documents signed by my mother when she first engaged him two years earlier and without any explanation.

Would I as an executor be bound by the agreement and standard terms of business which my mother signed two years earlier and if not then what is my position?

Tags: None

Hi again,
    I have responded on your other thread. Easter weekend not many of us have been around I'm afraid. As I mentioned on the other thread here:- https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ment-and-terms there are a number of questions to ask - whether you needed an accountant to deal with the tax position what discussions you had with them. Were they dealing with the accounting period before your mother's death in which case they would need doing in any event?
    Do the terms and conditions give an indication what would happen in the situation?

I will merge this thread and your previous so all the information is together.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X