• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Age discrimination and IVF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age discrimination and IVF

My wife and I have been undergoing IVF treatment since early 2018. We were told from the beginning that our NHS trust offered 3 IVF cycles (WITH NO MENTION OF COSTS). My wife is on her 2nd cycle and was told at a consultation in March 2019 that should we need a 3rd cycle that we would have to pay for it, the sole reason given was her age (40 years old).

Is she the victim of age discrimination? At the very least I would say that she/we have been the victims of some very underhand/unprofessional behaviour (for examole why were costs not discussed at the start of the process, why was my wife informed of costs when she attended an appointment by herself (and therefore in a more vulnerable position) when we could have been told at one of the many appointments we attended together.

I would like to ask the following:

1. If my wife is the victim of age discrimination how do we pursue this (we do not have the money to pay for solicitors). Are there solicitors who would help us free of charge)

2. Our prefered ourcome is to have the 3rd cycle free if charge. How can we achieve this, for example, legally, media pressure etc

3. Could our MP help? Are there any benefits in writing to the trust Chief Executive?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide at this difficult time.

Tags: None

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ivf/availability/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X