• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Racing UK Free Month trial dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing UK Free Month trial dispute

So as I have previously seen on this forum, people get tricked into Racing UK's 1 month free trial and then roped into a 12 month contract subscription. Mine is quite a bit more complicated.

So I subscribed for a trial in January 2019 , and around 1 week before the 30 days were up, I emailed them asking them to cancel my subscription ( because the free trial didnt even work!, the stream would cut off every few seconds) and they said it was impossible to extend my free trial, so I said ' Okay if you do not want to extend it then cancel it'. They then informed that cancellations cannot be done by email, so I phoned them the next day, ( 7 days before the 30 days are up mind you) and asked them to cancel it and that's that.

1 week later I received an email from my bank stating that Racing UK tried to take money from my account ( I do not live in the UK, a foreign bank), so I phoned Racing UK up and they said I am currently tied down to a 12 month contract and that there are no records of any cancellation calls and only a record of my email ( I did not call from my mobile, from a fixed number). They said they cannot track it down and there is no record of it therefore I am tied down to a 12 month subscription. I was obviously having none of it so I told them to investigate this further and there is no way I will be paying for a year when a ) the free trial didn't even work ( they didn't even try to fix it, they just said 'no' to extend it and b) I cancelled my subscription but they say there is no record for the phone call.

Fast forward a couple of days, and some back and forth emails, nothing has progressed, but now they have come back to me and said that I actually took out a free trial in October 2018 and moved into a forced 12 month contract from then - which has apparently now defaulted and now I owe around 274 GBP for that contract. So instead of resolving my current dispute, they have conjured up some more '12 month contracts'. Which has apparently been passed onto a debt collection agency?

AND there is no phone record for this free trial I took out in January 2019 so I have to pay the 12 month contract for this January contract. Surely if I had a subscription from Oct 2018, for a year, how can I have another free trial in January 2019 for a 12 month period? Is that possible?

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Have you checked Your phone records?

Comment

As I mentioned, I didnt make the cancellation call from my mobile. I did it while I was out of town in London and I actually cannot remember what phone I used, but it was definitely not mine.

I know that they are messing up because they are constantly adding new information concerning this issue. They even have the address wrong.

Comment

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Have I posted this in the wrong section?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X