• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wasted Costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted Costs

I have currently have 2 applications for wasted costs at the courts, both following settlements by the banks, Barclays & Halifax

I will post what letters i used to help others if they need a idea of direction.

From speaking to my local court, the Judge is going to set a date for BOTH my requests, so i will update this thread as i go.

Parts of these letters are from another site, so i will put a brief outline of waht they say and other parts are from my own dealings with the bank.

Paul

Overview

Firstly i have a spreadsheet which i used to calculate the charges

It had times for preparing letters, checking statements, reading responses, reasearching law and procedure etc. plus costs for stamps, paper, postage, phone calls, faxes etc.

I then sent the follwing items:

1) the letter

2) Draft Order

3) spreadsheet of costs
    Click Here

4) printout of ligitation details showing barclays claims

5) plus a copy of a letter i had sent to them at AQ stage

Hope this helps

Paul

Comment

1 The Letter

reserved post

Comment

2 The Draft Order

reserved post

Comment

3 The Spreadsheet

This is a link to my spreadsheet, Its in excel only though

I have allowed for basic items and times taken @ £9.25 per hour
          For ink, paper consumable s I have just put a figure in.

Obviously everybodies claim will be different and as such you need to adapt the spreadsheet to suit

CLick Here

As I believe the link goes through a banner site and confuses people below is how I calculated my costs
          I just put them into a spreadsheet

I used the following for instance:

Wasted Costs Breakdown
          Research into claim, law, court procedures: 16 hours @ £9.25 = £148.00
          Checking & Compiling Statements: 4 hours @ £9.25 = £37.00
          To prepare, write letter, write envelope, posting: 5.5 hours @ £9.25 = £50.88
          Reading response letters: 2 hours @ £9.25 = £18.50
          Prepare N1 Claim Form: 4 hours @ £9.25 = £37.00
          Prepare Allocation Question: 2 hours @ £9.25 = £18.50

Paper, Envelopes, Ink, Stamps: 7 @ £0.50 = £3.50
          Phone calls: 1 @ £0.10 = £0.10
          Faxes: 1 @ £0.10 = £0.10

Total: £313.58

I hope this helps everyone

Obviously tailor this to suit your own needs

Paul
          Last edited by Paule; 3rd July 2007, 19:18:PM. Reason: added cost breakdown

Comment

4 Litigation Details

reserved post

Comment

5 Additional Letter

This letter was only applicable to my case against Barclays, but may be of interest to to others

PKea
              69 My Street
              My Town
              My County
              My Postcode
              Rosemary Treves Brown
              Barclays Legal & Compliance
              Level 29
              One Church Place
              London
              E14 5HP

29th March 2007

Re: Mr PKea v BARCLAYS Bank Plc Case: xxxxxxxxx
              Dear Ms Treves Brown

With regard to the above case, I enclose a copy of my Allocation Questionnaire, which includes a request for directions, enclosed, to be ordered requesting full disclosure within 14 days. I will be submitting these documents on Saturday 31st March 2007
              I will be submitting this early as I will be away till after Easter. I can no longer be contacted on 0161 123 4567, therefore any communication from yourselves must be in writing to the above address. It may be possible to contact me on my mobile, 07805 123456, at certain times.
              At present the claim stands at £2545.80 which includes the initial claim (plus interest) the court fees and daily interest which is accruing at 53p per day till settlement. After Saturday 31st March 2007, it will also include the £100 Allocation Fee as well as daily interest running to the court date.
              If you wish to contact me to arrange a settlement prior to my Allocation Questionnaire submission, please contact me on 07805 123456.

I spoke earlier today to one of your colleagues regarding the above, who told me to ‘just send it in and we will pay the £100 AQ fee back to you when we settle. We are only settling cases that are due in court within the next two weeks’. I am therefore giving you another chance to settle before additional costs are added to the claim and more of the court systems time is wasted, as it was infered by your colleague that you will settle before the court date. As I am a member of the Consumer Action Group, I do not know of any cases that you have actually been to court to defend.
              I will be including this letter in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settelement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process’

Yours Faithfully

PKea
              Last edited by Paule; 27th June 2007, 13:45:PM.

Comment

Okey

Following my Application for costs against Halifax, the judge has allocated a hearing

So here goes

Comment

Notice of Hearing of Application

Comment

So is it looking good PKEA for wasted costs at Tameside ? I am there as well so please let me know. Enaid. x

Comment

Okey Dokey
                      Ile keep u posted, this is the 2nd one ive put in, but not had date for 1st one yet??
                      Courts eh!

Paul

Comment

Re: Wasted Costs

Ok Please note that the link to the spreadsheet in Posts 2 & 5 do not work anymore, there is a breakdown of the entries in post 5.

I am revising the spreadsheet as well as looking into other ways to claim costs

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X