• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family member abused mothers rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family member abused mothers rights?

Hi All, First time poster and also complete novice on matters of Law so would appreciate any guidance.
    My mother died in January 2019 at the age of 89. For the past 25 years, she lived alone in my brothers house(s). In September 2018, my brother moved a couple into his house, against my Mothers wishes. I wrote to him (as he lived abroad) protesting on my mothers behalf, to which he took no action. The couple had previously lived at my sisters house for a number of months but due to Male's behaviour, she felt compelled to ask them to leave. When my brother moved them into my Mums home we were astonished and fearful, as the male was proven to be untrustworthy, which my mum was fully aware of. In the email I wrote to my brother, I detailed aspects that my brother was not privvy to fully expecting once he learned of the male's misbehaviour, he would ask them to leave. The situation stressed my Mum out so much, over the next few months, she was admitted into hospital with a medical condition that was exacerbated with stress until she died approx 4 months after her unwanted guests moved in. What made matters worse, is that during this period, my sister who was my mum's main care giver, felt deeply uncomfortable even going to my mothers home because of the previous so my Mum actually felt even more vulnerable and in the main, basically lost her main support.

What I would like to ask, is whether my Mothers legal rights were denied by his actions.

Thankyou in advance for your considerations and help.
    Last edited by kushmonster; 10th July 2020, 00:12:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X