• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement of Contact order and Financial Compensation

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enforcement of Contact order and Financial Compensation

    Hi wonder if anyone can help me please... my ex partner and I have two children we separated 5 years ago. In November 2017 we had a contact order made which up until last summer was running brilliantly. he asked to take the children abroad so he could get married which I had no issue with but it was during term time and therefore I declined on the basis that they would miss two weeks schooling. The school confirmed they would not authorise the trip and he never contacted the school or did anything about getting any further permission. We have a stipulation on the order that states I will not unreasonaby withhold the passports. In this instance I felt that to withhold them was being reasonable. They went ahead and booked their wedding despite my clear indication that I would not agree to them coming. They booked their wedding in November 2017 and I found out about it in January 2018. They got married in July 2018. In the meanwhile they had social services etc. become involved to say that I was emotionally harming the children - social services agreed it was a malicious act on their part and the case was closed. We have had a few "run-ins" since. His new wife hates me and is constantly undermining my parenting - just one example being she cut my childs hair despite me asking her not to. I have used words in temper on a couple of occaisions to the effect of "if you do that again pleaes dont expect me to be nice and just give you passports willy nilly etc.".... On saturday i received paperwork from our local court to state that my ex now wants to enforce the order already in place and is seeking full compensation for the hoiday that that children were not allowed to paritcipate in (18 months ago!). How can he even do this? the school said no, I said no. He is claiming for accommodation, flights, bridesmaid dresses and shoes, hairstyles and flowers..... I have correspondence from him and his wife last year telling me how they had had refunds on the flights to rebook at a later date. I dont have 2000 to give him I am unsure how he thinks he is entitled to it let alone going to get it from me. On occaision he has brought the children home early and late ive not said a word about it although I have diarised it all. he has canceleld weekends with them and ive been really accommodating letting him have extra visits etc. I have gone out of my way to buy him token gifts from the children for fathers day, birthdays etc. I started after the court hearing in 2017 of deciding to be the bigger person and reiterating that we would be in eachothers lives forever. He has made the last 18 months absolute hell for me. I just want to know his chances of having an enforcement order put against me given that he too has fallen foul of our agreement and if the courts will give him any chance of his monetary claim standing?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm