• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Request for Assistance Regarding False Allegations and Related Legal Concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Assistance Regarding False Allegations and Related Legal Concerns

A group of people came to my apartment, assaulted, and threatened me to admit to a crime that I had no knowledge of.
    Initially, I believed they were extorting me for money, but within 10 minutes, the police arrived and arrested me.
    During the police interview, I was informed of the charges, which were completely fabricated.

Charges
    1. Interaction with a minor girl over Whatsapp
    2. Sharing abusive content with her
    3. Grooming her for intimacy

The police also seized my phone, laptop, and memory cards as part of their investigation. I denied the accusations and explained that I didn’t know the person involved. I asked the officers who filed the complaint against me, but they refused to disclose it.
    I was later released on conditional bail, during which they are screening my devices for evidence. Additionally, they withheld my passport, preventing me from traveling back to my home country.

I am seeking help on the following issues:
    1. How can I obtain the detailed case or complaint information from the police?

2. How can I find out who filed the complaint against me?

3. How long does device screening typically take? Is there any online platform or process to check the status of the screening?

4. What happens at the end of the bail term? Who can assist me with my case once the bail period ends?

5. How common are cases like these? Could these individuals be targeting me for monetary gain or public attention?

6. How can I file a case against the individuals for assault and making a false complaint?

7. On what grounds can the police arrest and charge me without evidence or understanding the full context of the issue?

Any guidance or support would be greatly appreciated as I navigate this challenging situation.
    Tags: None

You are potentially facing serious criminal charges. I recommend you see a solicitor with experience in this area of law and get them to represent you when you return to the police station.

What happens when your bail term expires will depend on what the police discover from screening your devices and their other enquiries. They will not give you updates or progress reports on what they are doing.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X