• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family Court Hearing - Sleepovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Court Hearing - Sleepovers

Hi all,

My boyfriend of 18 months moved in with me in March this year whilst still going through family court to get sleepovers agreed. Financial and family solicitor bills meant he couldn’t afford to live so it made sense at the time. Drug and alcohol tests all prove his ex has fabricated lies to keep control and keep the children from sleeping over. Cafcas agreed sleepovers could start and court hearing is set for next week.

He has put his proposal forward to keep it similar to the current routine but extend the day into the evening. This involves school pick up every other week due to their alternating weekend days.

I have two boys and this works out quite nice as sometimes the kids all get a day together or sometimes they get one and one time with us. Both my boyfriend and I always give our day without our children to spend time with the others children.

I live in a small property. 3 bedrooms thanks to an extension but still small. We have started to prepare the 3rd bedroom so his children have somewhere to stay.

his ex has proposed every other weekend - a full weekend and is worded in such a way by her solicitor that if we say no the sleepovers will be put back until the end of the year upon further investigation.

his kids are desperate for these to start and seem sad they still haven’t been agreed.

what rights so we have to go back and say no. This doesn’t fall in line with my kids routine which we have already altered to meet their routine.

can we discuss my children in this or is it all about their children?
    Can we push back and say our routine seems fair given it sticks to her original routine but extends to a sleepover?
    they don’t live local so he’ll be driving back and forth for kids clubs and parties which always seem to be every weekend with them both being girls.
    my concerns are she has no flexibility. If we ever want to swap then she’ll never agree. Nights out, weekends away will be vastly reduced as he isn’t allowed a babysitter.

he can’t afford a solicitor due to the debt of the past 2 years worth of solicitors.

Her letter from the solicitor today is 9 pages long with a deadline of tomorrow for a response. Ours was a short email explaining the reason for our routine.
    can they really dictate a full weekend when our concerns are they’ll be 6 of us in a small house? His girls already complain I don’t have the big garden they have with a park in it. Haha.

can we insist on flexibility?
    can we ask for a trial run to be reviewed in 3 months time?
    can they refuse sleepovers just because we can’t do a full weekend?

any advice if anyone has been through this is much appreciated.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X