• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help think I've accidentally breached non mol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help think I've accidentally breached non mol

Non mol order served middle of November 2022

I'm not allowed at her address and to contact her with the exception to arrange contact for the children.

I sent this to her without thinking

Hi xxxx. Just letting you know I've sent two payments so it should be upto date. I want things to be civil, I know you don't want me in your life but I'm the dad to our kids. There isn't a day I don't think of them. I hope that some point in the future you can let me see them I a contact centre of a safe place as I miss them dearly. Please pass them a hug from Thier dad
    this was a text message I sent as 1) I let her know I paid her two CSA payments. Which is the first part of the message 2) as per the terms of my order I asked an open ended question stating I would like to have contact with the kids at some point in the future.

Will this be seen as a breach or not my only saving grace is that is says I can only contact with regards to arrangements to the children. Will this be seen as this.? I was polite and civil and non threatening. I literally worried so much as a did this without thinking.

Help

Tags: None

Is the contact element re children through solicitors?

Comment

No not at the moment I have been holding out that before the non mol she would allow me contact. It was a general message I sent advising her about the CSA payments.

Will I be introuble for sending this, or will it been seen as simply asking for about contact.

Comment

Well the order has been breached I would say as the usual contact should be re times and dates I imagine. However whether it would be prosecuted as such given the content will depend on the authorities and whether she makes a complaint against you. I know it is difficult but you will have to wait and see. The caveat on this is that I am not an expert in this area at all, this is just an opinion.

Comment

Well I called the police and they basically said it could be either way the operator put me on hold and asked several officers who explained that because it's about the children's contact it may be ok, as yes contact has been made but it was asking a question about contact.

The ex is very spiteful and I know she would take any oponity to do me over, if shed reported it how quickly would I know? Would they contact me and arrest me asap ? I'm worried sick

Comment

All of which seems to confirm that it could go either way. I have no idea how quickly things would happen - hopefully someone with more experience in this area will comment. My best suggestion is go and take some advice from a solicitor who works in this area when everything reopens.

Comment

Just had a call from the police. They have asked me to attend a interview at 3.30. voluntary interview.

I will explain that it was a harmless yet thoughtless message. No malice or threat or ment by it. It was an open ended question about contact with the children so I assumed it was allowed. I will put my hand up and accept I did not fully understand it. In addition it was a one off message, no harassment. Was ment by it.

Hopefully there will be some level of understanding, timed have been very stressful when I haven't seen the kids for best part of a year, very emotional too.

Any idea of what I'm likely to face, solicitors are attending and have siad it is minor. Will be be a slap on the wrist or fine. I have no experience in this, I'm not going to end up in prison I hope not ??

Comment

Never ever ever go and see the Police without a solicitor. That is the first and only thing you need to know. Delay the interview until you have one.

Comment

I have a solicor I'm not allowed contact then it says on the order
                  Except for the purposes of making arrangements for contact been applicatant and relevant children.

As far as I understand I have asked about seeing the children this is my defense as I understand although I will let the solicitor decide how I explain it. I

i suffer from mental stress have dislixia maybe did not understand it actually ment no contact at all.

Maybe it should have just said no contact at all. Then I would have never sent the message, would I ?

Hate police interviews, feeling super axoius about it

Comment

As indicated DO NOT GO TO SEE THE POLICE WITHOUT A SOLICITOR. Good luck and please come back and let us know what happens.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X