• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contact arrangments with the children's mother advice please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact arrangments with the children's mother advice please.

Hi Im not sure if this is the correct section or not.
    I am looking for some advice regarding contact arrangements with the children s mother. I have my 2 young children living with me as the mother was found to have cause physical injury to one of our children by the court. The contact has been left to me via a court order and has been in place for 3 years now and has been 2 hours per week supervised contact with their mother. Contact must be supervised by myself or one of my family members and has to be supervised until the children are old enough to speak up for themselves which I believe is 16. The mothers' family also have to be supervised at all times, but they have never bothered to see the children. Recently I have received solicitors letters from the mother asking for more contact time, I have thought long and hard about it and come to the conclusion that it is to stay at 2 hours per week for now as the mother. For reasons I don't really want to go into. I have replied 3 times to her solicitor explaining the contact will stay at 2 hours per week but yet I still keep getting more solicitors letters saying if i dont respond within 14 days it will be going to court, and I am worried incase the mother/ solicitors are going to take me back to court even though I feel I am doing or have done nothing wrong.. I have tried to get a solicitor for myself but I find it so hard to get one on legal aid as I can't afford one. Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Ps if this is not the correct section my apologies.
    Tags: None

Hello

This is the right section don't worry.

You currently have virtually full control of contact arrangements and presumably, all has progressed well? If you/your family supervise, has the mother behaved herself and built positive bonding with her children? Is there any reason to fear for their safety?
    I ask these questions because although your existing order states 'until the children can speak for themselves', (I'd like to know exact wording please), the mother can request to you, or ultimately the court, a change to the contact arrangements.
    If she has been cooperative and reasonable, the court will probably give her request serious consideration. They will not want to maintain a gulf between mother and children if it can be repaired and healed. The court is duty bound to put the needs of the child above any parent, so you'll need to consider her request very seriously, otherwise she may well apply to the court and you will have to explain sensibly why you don't feel this is wise for the children.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Hello

This is the right section don't worry.

You currently have virtually full control of contact arrangements and presumably, all has progressed well? If you/your family supervise, has the mother behaved herself and built positive bonding with her children? Is there any reason to fear for their safety?
      I ask these questions because although your existing order states 'until the children can speak for themselves', (I'd like to know exact wording please), the mother can request to you, or ultimately the court, a change to the contact arrangements.
      If she has been cooperative and reasonable, the court will probably give her request serious consideration. They will not want to maintain a gulf between mother and children if it can be repaired and healed. The court is duty bound to put the needs of the child above any parent, so you'll need to consider her request very seriously, otherwise she may well apply to the court and you will have to explain sensibly why you don't feel this is wise for the children.
      Hi. Thank you very much for your reply it is really appreciated. With regards to contact the mother does get on well with the children but often trys to ask the children very slyly if i hit them or take drugs andc drink I do none. Baring in mind the 2 children are 4 and 6. The concern for me is her health anxiety towards the children, she is always looking for marks on them ect cuts,scratches, bruises this was a concern back when it was at court and was/is still having an impact on the older childs health as he was starting to show continously worry and be concerend about little scratches he had obtaines playing out in the garden climbing in the trees, the ususal little mark children get when out playing. I keep mentioning this to the mother but she just keeps on doing it. I could mention the mothers health anxiety in a reply to the mothers solicitor. If the mother stopped with the health anxiety towards the children then i would not have a problem with the contact been a little longer in the future. I just really worry as the mother and her family just can't be trusted and i feel they will try anything to get the children removed of me as that is just the way tha family are now. I hope that answers your question

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X