• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Owner of Car that ex had loaned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner of Car that ex had loaned

Hi all, apologies if I am not posting in the correct section of the forum.

Basically I bought a car when I was with the ex by a bank transfer to a dealer to sell. It didn’t sell quick enough and my ex who I was with needed a lend of a car to she got a new car which she now has, her name was on the tax book, the car is lying up at her dads house which i seen a few days ago as he is a mechanic. It’ll lie there to it is scrap,

the car is worth a few thousand, and if I ask for it back to sell to clear a few legal bills because of her she won t give me it, can I legally reclaim or collect the car? If i give me intentions to them they will deliberately sabotage the car.

ideally I would like to have my ducks in a while one and arrive up with a legal letter, police or something before they get a chance to do damage.

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks
    Tags: None

No chance of achieving that. There is no magic wand.

You can bring a court case for a court order requiring the vehicle to be handed to you, but the whole process will take several months, and naturally enough the other party will need to be notified from the start. And that is without offering any opinion on your chances of success.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Even if I have proof I paid for it and she has a new car 6 months or more, it is lying reversed up against a bush bit being used by anyone

Comment

Even if all that you will need to go through a full court process.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Advice as ATTICUS states get over it, hard I know been there got the shirt, that's the way some people are, just thank you luck your out of it, think if the grief you may have encountered.

Comment

Good advice, Only thing I can think of is contacting the ex partner and offering to take the car and sell it and split the proceeds rather than it rotting. Something better than nothing?

Comment

Yes, i agree with all the comments, might try and see if it can be sold and even put In th kids accounts if nothing else.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X