• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex partners legal aid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex partners legal aid

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice, basically since leaving my partner I’ve bring paying £1000’s in legal fees to see my kids whilst she gets legal aid. Years in I am still in the same position, recently she came into over £25,000, now that she has it will she have to pay her way with the legal fees, rather than me paying because I am on a salary, and she is getting benefits, will the benefits be affected?
    Tags: None

She should declare a change in circumstances, Legal Aid is 'means tested'.

Comment

Thanks, with the money going from my solicitors to hers, would it be automatic as such?

Comment

No she has to declare it, but has no incentive to do so. I'm sure you could help with the declaration.

Comment

True….

Comment

Can I ask, what would happen if the money was paid into her account and moved immediately or paid into another persons account, ie parents, sisters etc? Or would it be a case off ok, you are getting legal aid, yet you had money and moved it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X