• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clean Break Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Break Order

I have been reading news regarding clean break order/consent orders from ex’s & I am now concern, can someone please advise?

Could someone please advise/share experience. Any help much appreciated!
    Can you please advise if my ex can ask for share in my properties & savings as we haven’t had clean break order drawn while divorcing in 2008.
    If answer is yes, can I apply for clean break order now and what are the chances that court’s permission?
    Do I need to list out my properties and savings while applying for Clean Break order?

Thanks all in advance and hope I have satisfying answer soon.
    Tags: None

Tagging Ula and pt2537
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Sorry not my area of expertise but Peridot may be able to help.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks for looking Ula
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Hi Pioneer11,
          Just to clarify when you divorced in 2008 did you and your ex have a financial order made separating your assets on divorce. If so what if any potential claim(s) were left open such as spousal maintenance.

If no financial settlement was made what arrangements did you come to with regard to division of the assets? Is it documented somewhere? Has your ex indicated they may make a claim to settle the finances of the divorce? Are you just worried as you have read something or has there been an indication your ex would do this?

Even if a claim were made to settle the finances the fact you have been apart since 2008 will come into play. Everything would be in the pot so to speak, it is then necessary to look at the s25 factors as to how the assets should be divided. The factors include things such as length of marriage, children, earning capacity of each party etc. Here are the factors the Court would look at:- http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1973/18/section/25

The fact that you have been independent of each other since 2008 will factor also. You may be panicking unnecessarily particularly if there has been no indication from your ex that a claim would be made. It is of course sensible to have matters finalised once and for all but please try not to worry. Everything would be taken into consideration if a claim happened including the fact that no claim has been made in the preceding 10 years since you divorced.
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X