• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CM Options case query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM Options case query

I’ll keep it brief as I could probably ramble on all day. So I have an estranged daughter of 15, born April 2003. Her location is with her mother, and last I heard they live at the opposite end of the country now. I was paying maintenance via the CSA from then until last November when CM Options came in. CSA scheme ended last November and I myself opened the CM Options case, gave the details and requested a direct pay arrangement, as long as they provided me with payment details. They said I would be liable for an amount per week which I stated was too high, and sent a payslip showing my wage and my calculation of what was due from their website. In response I got a “thank you” memo note and payslip returned. I stated then I’d put £X a month into a separate account whilst they got details. After 3months I wrote to CM Options again and said I still needed payment details. No response.

So now I’m up for the 12month review and the parent with care hasn’t shown any interest in receiving money from me. Obviously I’m continuing to put the money away each month, but I’m concerned that CM Options could come to me for not “paying” physically and put me on the collect and pay scheme, adding significant costs to me.

Can I close my case with them and just continue as I am putting money into an account until my daughter is 18, this building up a nest egg for her, as and when it is needed. Or does the case have to stay open? Im not sure but when I opened the case with CM Options, they said as long as the case is open, I’d be liable for payments from that date, but if I closed it, the mother would have to apply and it would go from that date as a new case.

Any assistance is apprieciated as I don’t want to contact CM Options until I know where I stand
    Tags: None

Bump

Comment

No one knowledgeable in this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X