• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can Someone explain best thing to do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone explain best thing to do.

Hello

i'm going to keep this really short and basic, I am having a massive situation at the moment with a ex partner of mine who is now 22 weeks pregnant with our daughter, we are not on talking term and i just want to be prepared for the worse case scenario that she may not put my-self on the birth certificate so i have no parental responsibility or right's, i have already been buying clothes for my baby daughter as i still want to provide no matter what i have also made a Bank account under her name in my own personal account incase, i have also already gave her £1000 CASH that i have no proof of apart from 1 email and texts that i have given it, but she will not send any pictures of what she has brought with the money as i don't want to double buy, i have my self been a nightmare after the break up because of my high emotions... but she has not been perfect either, she is coming across like a control freak over this baby and i have 0 say over any thing and i don't want her to think she can control everything and everyone, i already have a son of 6 with a different girl who is more than happy to give a letter to the court to tell them about me as a father and i have never let my son or her down with maintenance or attention to my son as i have him EVERY WEEKEND without fail,

Please can i have information about what i should do and expect as its all new to me and dont no nothing, just want my little girl to no who her daddy is,
    and tried everything thing possible by the law.

Thanks for your time

Hight
    Tags: None

Hi Razmosdaniel,

Sorry your post had been missed, no idea why but here now. Sorry things haven't worked out in your relationship with the future mother of your baby. It sounds like you are trying to do the right thing but going back a step I thought it may be helpful for anyone reading this thread to have some links that explain parental responsibility too so bear with us.
    This link explains what parental responsibility is:- https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-responsibilities

If you are registered on the birth certificate of your baby you will automatically have parental responsibility and irrespective whether you live with your child or not you are entitled to have some say in your child's upbringing on major issues such as schooling and medical treatment for example. It does not however give a parent the right to dictate what a child wears or what TV they watch.

In addition whether you have parental responsibility or not you are still expected to support your child financially.

As far as obtaining parental responsibility if you are not on the birth certificate there are a couple of ways. One with the mother's agreement and completing a form, the other by applying to the Court. This link explains things further:- https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-r...responsibility

At this stage your ex has a few weeks to go. I appreciate this is a difficult time for you, but you may find your ex is more receptive to you having an input if you allow her a little time and space. Maybe rather than demanding to know exactly what she has spent your £1000 you gave her on try and be a little more supportive. It is a frightening time for both of you and a huge adjustment for her and you. Maybe try explaining that you will be there to support your baby and would like to be involved in her life. Try not to push at this stage for what you want just be there so she knows she can contact you if she needs you at this point.

You are both hurting your relationship hasn't worked out but your ex is the one with the huge life change about to happen when she has this baby. I'm afraid at this moment in time she has to be the centre of attention not you. Stay on the outskirts and let her know you're there if needed. I really don't want to seem harsh on you it isn't my intention but having personal experience less is often more and she will realise she could do with the support that you are willing to give soon enough. Just be there and if needs be apply for parental responsibility if the two of you can't agree.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Hi again,

This is a useful link that explains the process and what PR means :- https://childlawadvice.org.uk/inform...esponsibility/
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X