• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I want my belongings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my belongings!

Hello everyone,
    I seperated from my wife over 2 years ago, and after being told I would get my belongings back, I've had enough! What should I do to legaly force her to return my belongings?
    Thank you
    Mike
    Tags: None

Re: I want my belongings!

Originally posted by MikefromBournemouth View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I seperated from my wife over 2 years ago, and after being told I would get my belongings back, I've had enough! What should I do to legaly force her to return my belongings?
    Thank you
    Mike
    Have you written to her to ask her for a suitable time to collect your belongings? We need a bit more information about what steps you have taken already....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Have you written to her to ask her for a suitable time to collect your belongings? We need a bit more information about what steps you have taken already....
      Hi, yes many times over the months, via text, not sure if written would be any different. Its a blooming mess. We have 4 children, a still birth in 2003 and married in 2010, a lot happened between us, and I'm tired of going over it all again, so I'm summerizing, she kicked me out after 9 months of marriage and moved my cousin in 2 weeks after. He dossed on our lounge floor in 2003, went through the pegnancy and loss of our baby. It caused us no end of stress him being there, yet she now loves him!! She has the younger 2 children, I have the elder 2. I'm a single parent who did nothing wrong except love the woman I married and be the best dad I can for my kids. I'm hoping to afford a Contact order because she won't let me see my two babies, yet she can see the elder two, I don't stop her.
      I moved out with my clothes, and have left behind my tools and other belongings.
      She knows I don't work Wednesday afternoons, and if she wants to put it all in her drive, a couple of trips in my van will clear it. my stuff is in a brand new, (2 year old) shed, which is carpeted. Its too big for my new home and once emptied, the younger two can play in it.
      I'd just like to force her, legally to put my stuff in her drive/front garden and my son and I will fetch it home!

Comment

Have you spoken to the CAB?

Have you looked at fee remission in terms of applying to the courts re contact order?

Am gonna ask someone I know from here to take a look at this one......
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi, I tried to get legal aid, but my total income was over £10,000 by £300. Funny, her solicitor said I don't have to pay for Divorce and sent me a form. Mine said it would cost a few £thousand!! How can marriage mean absolutely nothing, to be easily ended and yet, I struggle to see my kids and get my belongings back. Can't begin to describe how I feel about my cousin!!

Thanks
          Mike

Comment

Hi MikefromBournemouth,

You have my sympathy.

Have you tried Lawworks?

http://www.lawworks.org.uk/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X