• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House sale

Hi

I posted another thread earlier today about not being able to find my ex-wife who is the co-owner of the property having divorced in 2018 to sell the property.

Although I have the option of forced sale through courts, it still seems to be a long winded process.

I have a family (this is top priority for me) urgency that I really need to attend to and so tempted to just walk away just cancelling my direct debit. Somehow I don't think this is a good idea and later come back to me with credit scores etc.

Is there any other option for me at all to detach myself from my mortgage responsibilities? I am not sure how I am going find my ex and even if I get her to agree for the sale (all of this is time consuming and I am running out of time to attend my immediate priority in my life atm)

I read about voluntary surrender of the property - i.e, just handing my keys to my lender! I am ok not to have any equity (even though realising its a substantial amount) I just want out toff my property to attend things that matter to me at the moment. I know it wuld be a shame after throwing in 100's of thousands of pounds over the years in my preoprty and just ending it that way.

Please advice what you think I should do.
    Tags: None

When mortgage companies sell a repossessed property they often sell it for much less for it than if you sold it as a private seller. If what they get for it is less than you owe on the mortgage (+ their costs) then you will not be able simply to walk away from it because you will still owe them the balance. And they will pursue you for it.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X