• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsure to Divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure to Divorce

Guidance Needed:
    Background:
    Married a Ukrainian women in 2002
    I had the mortgage until it was necessary through my age which was the dealt by my wife with a Deed of Trust set out as a cover for the property I had since 1986.
    The value of the property at the time was £260,00 set on the DOT I believe the current value of the property now is some £560,000 In the DOT it said 50% of any increase would be mine.
    I have a will done some time ago but this will does not cross relate to the DOT value of my estate on death.
    In Late April 2023 I was informed by my wife that her mother would be coming as a Ukrainian refuge.
    This was the only time I was informed but not asked if I approved. She Flew to UK from a Turkish Airport at that time in May 2023 (how she got there I am unsure as at that time Ukraine was at war)
    The Grandmother appears to have a Ukrainian passport as well as Russian my wife also has a Russian passport as well as UK. There is a Step daughter who came to this country at the age of 16 whilst she is more UK orientated has a deep affection for her Grandmother.
    Grandmother has a flat in Crimea of which she has had for a considerable time and I assume still does.

The Issue:
    Since her arrival she is (as well as my wife) in constant Mobile coverage of Russian news in the hope that Russia succeeds in taking over Ukraine.
    She is classed as a Ukrainian Refugee in UK but in her mind wants Russia to succeed.
    I have informed my wife that her mother should return to her homeland by November or I leave.
    I have now come to a situation that I have a household that is devoted too a Russian success and a resident mother in law .
    Is a divorce an answer to this dilemma?
    Tags: None

This isn't a legal problem but a marital one! If your relationship is strong different views can be held. Hubby and I were on totally opposite sides of the political spectrum for years....not so much now though. It seems to me that the whole Russia thing is something to pin your unhappiness on - if you feel this way and the relationship is so confrontational then you know what to do, really.

Comment

I agree with IslandGirl, the following seems to be the factor at the centre of the 'strife', 'Grandmother has a flat in Crimea of which she has had for a considerable time and I assume still does', that is the only reason I can see for your wife and grandmother wanting Russia to win. All right minded people will know that is never going to happen. No doubt if Ukraine wins and recovers Crimea, then that flat will no longer belong to the grandmother. If they want to think that Russia is going to win, let them, just distract yourself when it comes up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X