• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pensions During Divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pensions During Divorce

Hi everyone and thank you for your time.

I have a quick question regarding pensions during divorce.

It was my understanding that my wife would be entitled to half (50/50) of my private pensions ( I have 2). However we have had some advice stating that this entitlement would not necessarily be based on a 50/50 split and more around my payments into the pension "WHILST WE WERE OFFICIALY MARRIED"

We have been married for 13 years. I worked out that I paid in around 18k over the time we were married. The fund is worth around 34k mainly due to fund performance as apposed to any monthly payments into the fund as I stopped them whilst we were married).

Presumably my wife would be entitled to roughly half of this fund value around 17k? or would it just be half of the amount (18k) which i paid in over the term of our marriage (not taking into account pension fund performance)??

I also have another private pension which is worth around 7 k but i have not paid into this for over 15 years so if what this guy is telling me from the FINANCIAL CONSENT ORDER service my wife would not be entitled to this second pension?

Thank you for your time everyone

Simon
    Tags: None

who is "this guy"? I do not think it right that pension (and other asset) sharing is limited as he suggests.

As for being "officially" married, have you been unofficially wed?

You refer to a "financial consent order". Is one in place?

Haven't we been here before? https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...16253-pensions
    Last edited by atticus; 24th July 2022, 13:26:PM. Reason: add link
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you so much for reply,, the "guy" is from a financial consent order service online . The company also offer other services The company has got 461 x 5 star reviews on trustpilot.

we are about to draft something up as divorce was only filed last week, and just wanted to see what you thought as you are so good on here we are very close to proceeding now just a final check in with you if thats ok.

we are properly (officially) married.

hope to talk soon

simon

Comment

I think the reason "the guy" has mentioned asset splitting in this way is "justification" talk for when he puts it on the consent order for judge to stamp.

He understands that me and my wife have discussed that we will both not be claiming on each others pensions but needs a way to articulate it on the draft financial consent order? maybe that's it.

Hope to talk soon
        Simon

Comment

a decent solicitor would draft an agreement that as from divorce date no claims on each other asetts such as pension/inheritance etc etc, any other solicitor is trying to make a situation and money out of it.

I can assure you I lost right out and I was an innocent party.

Comment

If you want something reviewed, then it makes sense to invest in professional advice.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X