• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pensions

Hi thank you for reading this message.

I understand during divorce my wife is entitled to half my pension and I am hers.

My wife agrees it seems a bit harsh to take my private pension (I have about 40k in it and I agree it seems harsh to take any of hers. I don't think she actually has any funds in her pension.

I understand that when filing the financial consent we can state on it that we will not be claiming on each others pension ? Has anyone else on here had a situation like this ? If so what did you guys do?

Thanks for your help !

Simon
    Tags: None

solicitor can draw up an agreement for both parties ro wave any action on the others properties and income part of divirce settlement

Comment

Many couples have divorced and not split assets at all. As long as they both agree and do not rely on the assets of the other for support, then it should be agreed. After all, divorcing does not mean that you can't remain good friends.

Comment

get an agreement made up for both that there is no claim to anyone/others properties or incomes, drop habd approach. freinds do not come into it, must get it in writing as many of us found out from being nice urgghhh

Comment

Provided neither of you are receiving state benefits, you are free to reach whatever agreement you want - indeed you are encouraged to do so. Nevertheless, do not cut this short. Fill in all the forms, giving full and honest financial disclosure.
          The question is whether you want your settlement to be final as between you. To achieve that you need a court order setting out your arrangements and saying that this satisfies the claims arising by virtue of the divorce. People do not want to do this as formally, but every step you pull back increases risks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X