• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Consent Order Process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Consent Order Process.

My wife and I started divorce proceedings about three years ago held up mainly by the problems of Covid - and we finally received our NISI last year.. Before applying for our Absolute we were advised to obtain a Financial Consent Order but this seems to be more of a minefield than the divorce. We attended Mediation, completed Form E, and Form D81 - then the problems started. Our application was firstly rejected because our two solicitors sent the forms separately, not together by my wife who is the petitioner - then they were rejected because they should have been sent digitally, not in paper form. Neither of these points mentioned in any government leaflet as far as I can see. We are now informed that the consent paperwork will not be put before the judge for probably another eight months which is longer than the actual divorce took, Bearing in mind that the judge could then disagree with our joint financial agreement, and we would need to start all over again. Can anybody please lead me, inch by inch, through the correct process of obtaining a consent order
    Tags: None

Your solicitors should have known the correct way to make the application. You may wish to ask them why they did not mention it?

You are correct in saying that the Judge could not agree the settlement, usually because it is not deemed to be fair to both parties. May I ask if you and your wife are both legally represented and have received individual advice of your rights to assets?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X