• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is proper process when changing legal teams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is proper process when changing legal teams?

We have a court hearing soon and I just found out that my ex's lawyers is no longer instructed. This was only discovered as my solicitor asked them a question about disclosure that was supposed to have happened, i.e. it was reactive, not proactive on their part. He has no further information as to when they stopped representing him, or whether he has alternative representation. He previously did this several months ago, with the same firm, and I was informed that he was going to instruct a firm that represents high net worth individuals. That didn't transpire and he went back to the original firm. However given his general MO of last minute bombshells (also in the previous court hearing), I would not be surprised if at the last minute it turns out he has a more formidable legal firm. Meanwhile I'm on legal aid and my lawyer can't allocate a great deal of time to my case. So my question is: is there a code of conduct for informing the other side in a timely manner, can I ask my solicitor to ask the original firm to confirm whether he intends to represent himself or will be otherwise represented?
    Tags: None

You should have been informed, or the solicitor representing you should have. The fact that you are on Legal Aid has no bearing on the amount of support you should receive.

may I ask, have you been advised of your rights, particularly regarding the split of assets, including pensions. that you both have? A divorce of a married couple is on thing, but it will not go through unless there is an agreement on the split of assets. You should have been told of this by your solicitor. If not, then that solicitor needs reporting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X