• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grandparents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparents

I’m looking to separate from my husband and we have a small baby. I don’t want my baby to have anything to do with my husband’s mother as she has been very verbally abusive towards me; told my husband to beat me up and slap me (luckily he has not listened to her) but she has also threatened me directly with violence.

From my understanding if I wish for my baby to have no contact with her grandmother this would be considered by the legal system. However, his mum seems to believe she has rights to see her grandchild whenever she wishes and I cannot stop her
    or even try to stop her (i.e a solicitor wouldn’t help me).

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I do have a telephone call with a mediator scheduled for Wednesday however, any information before that time would help prepare me. Thank you!
    Tags: None

islandgirl Can you please take a look.

Comment

If you can provide evidence of harassment or behaviour likely to cause alarm or distress you can involve the Police. If they become involved then you may be able to get a restraining order saying she must not go near you. Threats of violence towards you are criminal offences. My advice would be to go and see the Police and tell them what you have told us. The issue of contact after a separation is usually dealt with by the family court which is an area outside my knowledge.

Comment

Thank you very much! I appreciate the quick response!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X