• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child Arrangement Statements not recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Arrangement Statements not recieved

Hi,
    I am currently in the middle of a child arrange battle with my exwife.
    I am representing myself where as the ex-wife has a solicitor.

When I submitted my statement for the FHDRA I did so on time to both the court and the ex-wifes solicitor.
    I received the ex-wifes a day late and it appeared she had held back until she had read mine so that she could address my points in her statement before submitting it to court.

We have our next hearing due in a week.
    I submitted my statement to the court on time, however I had held back on sending it to her solicitor as I dont want a repeat of last time.
    I have spoken to the court who have confirmed they have not received the ex-wifes statement (this is now a week late.)
    It would appear she is holding off submitting it to court until she has seen mine, i have sent emails to her solicitor with no reply, i have called her solicitor but they wont speak to me.

It feels like the solicitor is not playing fairly, the order wanted both statements submitted by date x but she is wanting to read mine before submitting hers.
    It feels like I am being decimated against because I am representing myself and do not have a legal degree or "know the system"

Where do I stand with the solicitor, I want her to send me hers before I send her mine.
    I cant change mine now as it has been submitted to court.

Where does the solicitor stand with deadlines and submitting statements to court?
    Could I make a complaint against the solicitor?

Just feels like we are playing a game with my 2 children's lives in the middle.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Would it be detrimental to my case if my statement was not included in the bundle that my ex wife’s solicitor is preparing.
    The court have my statement, isn’t that all that matters?
    The solicitor is refusing to send her clients statement until she has mine.

Thanks in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X