• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

“Child of the Family”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Child of the Family”

Hi.
    Me and my wife separated 3 years ago and after several trips to court a child arrangement order was agreed.

We have 2 children and she has a 3rd child from a previous relationship before me that I brought up from when he was 2 years old (he is now 10 years old). He was deemed to be classed as a “child of the family.”

Child arrangement order is for my 2 children and they spend 1 night a week with me. There is a “record” on the order that says that the eldest may attend anytime I have the other 2 children which has been ok up until the past 12 months when his behaviour has gradually become intolerable. He does not want to come and makes this very clear as he tells me repeatedly that he is “being made to come”. He has no respect for me, my current partner or the property that we live in, and doesn’t hold back from saying “you can’t make me, your not my real dad” (Real dad just appears on the scene for about 2 weeks, once every couple of years). He constantly upsetting my 2 younger children and being disruptive in their play and refused to take part in any activity’s that we do. I spend more time disipling him and watching his behaviour around my 2 children than I do playing with them and spending what limited time I do have with them. I’m forced to take him on the 2 family holidays a year that we have with no financial input from the ex-wife for his accomodation /travel costs.

I feel I am being used as a child minding service for my ex-wife so she can have a night out at the weekend. She says that they come as a package and must not be seperated but she the takes them away on their own or separates them with their grandparents. It’s one rule for her and another for me and I don't feel it is fair.

My current partner and I are planning on having a child at some point in the future, we have a 5 seater car, am I expected to spend £40k+ on a 7 seater just to take a child who I have no parental responsibility over and who does not want to come?

How do I go about removing him from the order? He doesn’t want to be here and without sounding horrible, I don’t want him here either. My 2 children are far more happy when he is not around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: None

Any help on this would be greatly received.

Comment

So if he does not want to come then leave him with you ex. The order was "may" so not a strict ruling

Comment

When I collect my children he is practically pushed out the door as leaving him behind would get in the way of her social life.

I’m worried that by refusing to take him, my ex will stop me seeing my 2 younger children, not to mention trying to avoid confrontation.

How much weight does a “child of the family” carry in court? He May have once upon a time been a child of the family, but this was 3+ years ago when I was married to my ex. A lot has changed since then.

Are the court going to side with her “They come as package/ must not be separated” stance or will they listen to my version of events that “He’s disruptive and does not want to come”?

In a nutshell, what are my chances of getting him removed all together from the order?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X