• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inheritance Entitlement by Ex-Wife ......

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inheritance Entitlement by Ex-Wife ......

    I am currently divorced.* My ex-wife has avoided and delayed the financial settlement.* We are now in mediation and one of the questions asked is about my mother's inheritance ?* My late mother's estate was complex and has not been settled after several years.* Is she entitled to any; and if so can this be thwarted or exacerbated ?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hello, thank you for reaching out to our service. I understand this is difficult for you and will try my best to assist you. ex-partners may still be entitled to future inheritance after a divorce is finalized if no consent order has been put in place. In equitable distribution states, where judges have the right to distribute property in a way they think is fair, your spouse may now receive a portion of your inheritance. Is the issue of the estate now settled?


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm