• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House Sale Proceeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Sale Proceeds

My ex and I split up last year and finally a house we owned has now been sold. My ex was the named party on the land registry but we had a DOT stating house sale proceeds would be split 50/50 after costs expenses etc

the issue I now have is that my ex doesn’t agree with the costs expenses and is refusing to allow the money to be released unless it is settled in her favour

she is like a petulant child and this is getting silly

what court action can I take to force the issue to a conclusion?

Many thanks

Tags: None

Write her a letter before action advising she will be liable for any court costs and your legal expenses if she continues to refuse to release the funds.

Comment

Ok so after nearly a year faffing about she has finally sold the house and we have agreed on the proceeds split after I gave ground in areas I simply couldn’t be bothered fighting about. My ex took major advantage of a situation given she was the sole owner of the property with a DOT which I at least had some control ensuring I was not going to to be totally screwed over.*
      At this point however it becomes more interesting I think but would welcome your views. As the only named owner on the deeds and as mentioned my ex took full advantage of the control this gave her and she wouldn’t even advise me of when the property was marketed or how much for and indeed when it was sold how much it sold for and when etc this put me in a very awkward position. However as the only named person on the deeds I am wondering if ( given her position as sole property owner ) she will now become liable for all of the capital gains tax ?
      As mentioned an agreement for the proceeds sale has been achieved and paid so from my perspective that’s me done and dusted*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X